Welcome to Bayfield Middle School
We would like to welcome all our visitors to the BMS website. We have created our school website to help parents, students, community members, and people wanting to learn more about our school be able to get important and timely information. We are relying more and more on electronic communication to let you know what is going on in our school. The Principal's Corner will serve as a monthly newsletter of information of importance to students and parents. We have included a variety of links to facilitate the sharing of information from our school.
We are proud of our Middle School for the quality interaction and support among students, parents and staff. We want to make this website an efficient and effective source of information for you. We welcome your feedback and input to help make this an effective tool of information.
To register a new student you will need to following information.
- A copy of your child's birth certificate.
- A copy of your child's most current immunization record. If your child is exempt, we have a form for you to sign.
- If your child is on any medication that needs to be administered at school, including non-prescription medications, we will have you fill out a permission form. We will also need a prescription from a doctor and the medication in its original bottle.
Bell Schedule For Students:
- First Bell--7:50
- Tardy Bell --7:55
- 6th Grade Lunch--12:27-12:47
- 7th Grade Lunch--11:35-11:55
- 8th Grade Lunch--12:45-1:05
- School Dismissed--3:25
Late Start Bell Schedule For Students:
- First Bell--9:25
- Tardy Bell --9:30
- 6th Grade Lunch--12:19-12:39
- 7th Grade Lunch--11:39-11:59
- 8th Grade Lunch--12:37-12:57
- School Dismissed--3:25
THURSDAY 3/5, BMS Wrestling against Dolores @ Bayfield 2pm-6pm
SATURDAY 3/7, PAGOSA INVITE 9:00 AM (Weigh In 7:00 AM)
SATURDAY 3/14, MILLER/ESCALANTE INVITE 9:00 AM (Weigh In 7:00 AM)
SATURDAY 3/21, LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP IN PAGOSA 10:00 AM (Weigh In 7:00 AM)
Parent Meeting March 30 at 4:00 in the BMS cafeteria. Practice starts, April 1
The first round of our annual state test will be administered on Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday March 10, 11, and 12, in the mornings. The second round of our state test will be given in April (dates TBA). The tests will be given online using Chromebooks. Students will need to use headphones for the online tests and may bring their own headphones. Students can let their period 5 teacher know if they will be using their own headphones.
Yearbooks are for sale. Students can bring $20 to their AR teachers or go online to purchase at jostensyearbooks.com